Today, several websites have shared their set visit reports for Justice League. Plenty of new information about the DC film was revealed. The big bad has been confirmed, Willem Dafoe‘s character has been revealed, and we have some new details on what to expect story-wise. Many thanks to JoBlo and Collider for sharing the following information.
- As previously reported, Justice League will have a lighter tone than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. While that movie was very dark, this one is described as a “fun” ensemble film focused on the formation of the League. Additionally, Flash provides plenty of comic relief.
- Justice League will be heavily influenced by the work of Jack Kirby, creator of the New Gods. The film revolves around three Mother Boxes; one is owned by humans, one by Atlanteans, and one by Amazonians. The Mother Boxes will be explained in a “history lesson” portion of the movie, which will feature Zeus in a “small” appearance.
- As previously rumored, Steppenwolf is the villain in Justice League. He previously appeared in a Batman v Superman deleted scene. The role has yet to be cast, but will be soon. Additionally, the Parademons will return in Justice League, further teasing the eventual arrival of Darkseid.
- Wondering why Ben Affleck will be an executive producer on Justice League? Well, the position will allow him to have extra oversight on the Batman character. Affleck will direct his own Batman movie, and being an EP on Justice League allows him “…to help steer the character and make sure everything stays in line with his next onscreen adventure.”
- Speaking of Batman, Affleck promises that Justice League will finally touch upon the Dark Knight’s detective skills. “The world’s greatest detective aspect of Batman is more present in this story than it was in the last one, and will probably be expanded upon further in a Batman movie that I would do. I think all the great Batman stories are, at their heart, detective stories.” And Batman is “The World’s Greatest Detective,” after all.
- Next, on to Willem Dafoe. The actor will be playing Vulko, an Atlantean mentor to Aquaman who is from another generation. His costume is described as “…more courtly and elaborate, including silvery, washed out colors and a lot of gill elements around the neck…” Dafoe is expected to appear in both Justice League movies.
- Now on to the film’s new costumes. Batman will get not one, but two updated suits. The first one is pretty much the same as the one in Batman v Superman, except for armor plates underneath and spikes on the forearms. A second, more armored Batsuit will appear towards the end of Justice League. Among this suit’s new features include a new cowl, levels of communication with Alfred and the League, goggles to help with piloting, and amplifying his strength.
- Barry Allen creates his first Flash costume with spacesuit material and electric wire. However, he gets a more streamlined suit later in the film, courtesy of Waynetech – presumably the one seen in the “Dawn of the Justice League” concept art?
- Cyborg‘s costume will be all CGI, unlike the rest of the team’s (which are all practical). The suit’s technology comes from a Mother Box, and it can grow bigger when Victor Stone is provoked or ready for battle.
- Commissioner Gordon looks like he is ripped right out of the comics, as well as Batman: The Animated Series. He has the mustache, glasses, trench coat and hair.
- Regarding Superman, everyone is remaining mum on his exact role in Justice League and how he will be resurrected. However, Zack Snyder suggests that Supes’ hair would be “…perfect – a little longer I guess – that’s what the myths are.” Following Superman’s death in the comics in the 1990s, a story arc covering his resurrection featured him with longer hair. Could we see something like that in Justice League?
- An updated Batmobile will appear in Justice League, but that’s not the only new vehicle. A Waynetech carrier, called The Flying Fox, will be utilized by the League. Plus, there is a new vehicle created by Thomas Wayne called the Nightcrawler, which is basically the Batmobile with spider-like legs instead of wheels.
- And finally, who will score Justice League? That position will be filled by Junkie XL, who collaborated with Hans Zimmer on the Batman v Superman score. It is unknown if Zimmer will return; a few months ago, he said that he was done scoring superhero films. But regardless of Zimmer’s involvement, his themes from Batman v Superman will be reused.
Justice League is scheduled to hit theaters November 17th, 2017. The fifth installment in the DC Extended Universe stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Amber Heard, Joe Morton, Willem Dafoe, Jeremy Irons, Jesse Eisenberg and J.K. Simmons. Zack Snyder directs from a script by Chris Terrio.
[Via Watchtower of Babel News]