Star Wars blog jedi-bibliothek.de has discovered a preview for the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: The Official Visual Guide and inside are some juicy details. Character descriptions, promotional artwork, and more are featured inside so potential spoiler alert for Rogue One if you want to go in completely fresh.
This is what we learned:
- Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso , a highly skilled soldier and warrior.
- Diego Luna as Captain Cassian Andor , an officer in the Rebel Alliance.
- Jiang Wen as Baze , a freelance assassin
- Riz Ahmed as Bodhi, a rebel soldier.
- Unknown as Pao , an alien who is described as a “fierce warrior”. Looks like another computer generated character.
- Donnie Yen plays Chirrut, who is described as “a spiritual warrior.”
- Unknown as Bistan, another CG-looking alien who is also described as “fierce warrior”.
Also revealed is Alan Tudyk’s droid which seems to be some kind of Imperial Enforcer Droid K-250.
Now on to the Empire…
- Ben Mendelsohn plays Director Krennic, the Director of the Imperial Military.
In addition, this propaganda paragraph regarding the Stormtroopers was revealed.
As elite empire soldiers with the sole purpose of thwarting enemy Rebel Alliance forces, stormtroopers are prepared to protect and preserve the evil Galactic Empire. Their means of defence will be needed more than ever when a rogue band of resistance fighters unites for a daring mission that will see them attempt to steal plans for the Death Star. The most destructive weapon ever conceived and an enormous threat to the entire galaxy. The Galactic Empire ruled for years through fear, intimidation and tyranny. With a mighty military force including stormtroopers, spy technology like probe droids and the planet-destroying Death Star. Emperor Palpatine’s regime seemed unstoppable and permanent. But some dared to strike back…
Here are more images featured in the preview:
Lots of interesting stuff here. Darth Vader is basically confirmed now with his head being displayed front and center and the new Rebels sound really freaking cool.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story hits theaters on December 16, 2016.